When rubbish enters the ocean what happens? Oceanographer Dr Erik Van Sebille says: “The plastic joins other rubbish ... and is eaten by thousands of sea animals, birds and fish who mistake the plastic for food.” Dr Van Sebille is using the NeCTAR Research Cloud to host http://www.adrift.org.au a research tool 'Adrift' to explore how objects drift through the ocean.
You are here
What is the CATAMI Technical Working Group?
The CATAMI Technical Working Group (TWG) is a group of committed marine researchers who have volunteered to review and test software developed by CATAMI developers. They meet every fortnight to provide feedback on work undertaken within the previous two weeks.
Having this regular review is key to implementing our Agile methodology. It enables our developers to respond quickly and meet the needs of the marine community. We are lucky to have representation from a range of institutions committed to working together for a common goal. They include:
- Australian Antarctic Division (AAD) - part of Department of Sustainability, Environment, Water, Population and Communities - DSEWPaC
- Australian Centre for Field Robotics - University of Sydney (ACFR)
- Australian Institute of Marine Science (AIMS)
- Australian Ocean Data Network (AODN)
- CSIRO Marine and Atmospheric Sciences (CMAR)
- Department of Environment and Conservation (DEC) - part of WA State Government
- Department of Primary Industries (DPI) - part of NSW State Government
- Geoscience Australia (GA)
- Institute for Marine and Antarctic Studies (IMAS)
- Sydney Institute of Marine Science (SIMS)
- University of Tasmania (UTas)
- University of Western Australia (UWA)
For details on the members of our group and view minutes visit - https://github.com/catami/catami/wiki/Fortnightly-TWG-review-meetings
To assist the TWG and CATAMI team give and receive structured feedback we have also developed user testing procedures. As we develop more software and the project becomes more mature, there will be a greater variety of procedures.
Finally to view all our documentation and track our issues in real-time visit http://catami.github.com (see screenshot below)
If you would like to participate in the TWG or just want to chat please contact us firstname.lastname@example.org